Best Places To Visit In Kurnool: One of the oldest cities and the Indian map, Kurnool has its existence for more than 2000 years. It is also known as the grease town because of once supplying lubricant to the carts that transported stuff from one place to another.
Best Places To Visit In Kurnool
To date, Kurnool has several tourist attractions that can impress the visitors at a glance. You will surely get a good experience while exploring the caves, temples, gardens, and the Forts of this place.
The best time to visit Kurnool is from January to March because it remains pleasant during this season over here. Avoid visiting the place during April and May because it is sweltering, and you will undoubtedly have a very uncomfortable tour because of that.
- The natural beauty of Mahanadi is mesmerizing and adventurous.
- There is a lot of natural flora and fauna, which attracts visitors and makes the river look all the more beautiful.
- Surrounded by dense forests, Mahanadi is also known as the Nadi of the Lord.
- It has the famous Lord Nandi Temple dedicated to lord Nandi near it.
- The temple dates back to the 10th century.
- The marvelous temple of yaganti in Kurnool is dedicated to lord shiva and dates back to the 6th century.
- The idol of Aradhanareeshwara is made out of a single stone and looks quite enigmatic.
- You must attend the Mahashivratri festival celebrated at yaganti to receive special blessings from Lord Shiva.
Rollapadu wildlife sanctuary
- The delightful Sanctuary has a whopping number of species in it.
- It has the collection of endangered species such as Indian bustard and lesser florican.
- The Sanctuary remains flooded with tourists throughout the year because nature has its place over here.
Oravakallu Rock Garden
- You indeed find a reason to visit the oravakallu Rock Garden because it is one of Kurnool’s most famous tourist destinations.
- Almost 20 km away from the central city, it is also fit for boating and having some Gala time.
- You can also pay a visit to the nearby museums and Caves with your kids and family.
Things to do in Kurnool
There is so much nostalgia about Kurnool that would leave the visitors awestruck in a fraction of time. The famous Belum Caves have a water stream gushing on the limestone. The Konda Reddy Fort, located near the Kurnool railway station, has a hidden tunnel that passes underneath the Tungabhadra river.
Apart from everything else, Ahobilam Temple is dedicated to Lord Narasimha and the beautiful Tomb of Abdul Wahab, which is quite similar to Gol Gumbaz. Plan out your tour to Kurnool, and you will find some of the best places in South India here. There is so much to explore, including the temples, waterfalls, and rivers at Kurnool.
Get Travel places information all over the world from Travelwels. However, I have provided the details which i have gathered. I hope the information is useful and helpful. You can also comment in the comment box if anything is missing.