Best Places To Visit In Meghalaya: The hilly state of Meghalaya means the Abode of Clouds in the Sanskrit language. Famous for its dense forest and biodiversity, Meghalaya is one of the best places to visit if you are on a trip with the family.
Best Places To Visit In Meghalaya
The home has Cherrapunji as the rainiest place in the world. It has the beautiful Don Bosco Museum that would leave you amazed by the collection it has. So let’s discover more about what Meghalaya has in store for us.
- Shillong is such a beautiful place in Meghalaya that it deserves your undivided attention.
- If you are on a Short trip to Meghalaya, you can solely restrict your trip to this place because it has enough to keep you indulged.
- The best time to visit Shillong is during September – May as the situation gets some relief from the extreme climate.
- There are beautiful temples where Idol worshipping practised.
- You can visit them and click pictures in the hill station that has all-natural beauty embodied.
- Not only in India, but Cherrapunji is also the wettest place in the entire face of Earth.
- It is a perfect honeymoon destination with a lot of natural attractions that have rich flora and fauna.
- If you have not paid a visit to the mawsynram village in Meghalaya, surely you have lacked something meaningful during your trip.
- Just 61 km away from Shillong, mawsynram gets almost the same rain as Cherrapunji and has a lot of greenery to please the eyes.
- Why should we not include the tura in the best places of Meghalaya?
- After all, it is the Ecotourist hub with rich biodiversity and the main attraction as Nokrek National Park in it.
- The gorgeous place is situated close to Brahmaputra Plains and is the favorite for nature lovers.
- the encircling plush green trees and the soothing climate of nongpoh will call you again and again after you visit it once.
- Lum Nehru Park, a church of Christ and imam lake, are a must-visit for sure.
- Spending just one day is enough to explore the beauty of William Nagar.
- The remote area has abundant greenery and fatty composition of vegetation and water.
- Williamnagar holds tremendous historical importance in Meghalaya.
- It has the choking river, Dobara Falls, local festival, and Siju Caves as the main attraction.
Things to do in Meghalaya
The matchless natural beauty of Meghalaya includes a lot of bewildering caves and waterfalls to be discovered. There are options for great photography and shopping as well. You would love to hang out to Meghalaya’s root bridges, which is known for its scenic mysteries.
Also, the place’s water sports can give you a fantastic experience in kayaking, sky-watcher scooting and boating. The trekkers and the climbers also have an enormous scope because Meghalaya is home to adorable hills that are incredibly mesmerising.
Get Travel places information all over the world from Travelwels. However, I have provided the details which i have gathered. Hope the information is useful and helpful. You can also comment in the comment box if anything is missing.